Curbside brush pickup service is available to Town of
Brush Pickup Schedule
Brush collection occurs twice annually during spring and fall cleanup.
Brush Pickup Guidelines
- Limited to one dump truck load, (10’x7’x3’), of brush per location per pickup date.
- Brush must be:
- Placed at the curb by 7 a.m. on the Monday of the collection week. Brush will not necessarily be picked up that Monday; it takes an entire week to service each quadrant. Please do not place brush at the curb prior to the weekend before collection.
- Cut into lengths no greater than seven feet and no greater than six inches in diameter
- Separated from other wood, stumps, leaves, grass clippings, boards, and debris
- Separated from junk such as carpets, bags of leaves or grass clippings, plastic sheeting and other debris
- Stacked outside and away from any fencing, mailboxes, shrubbery, lampposts, or any other structure or obstacles which may be damaged by town equipment
- Pressure treated lumber can not be collected.
- Debris other than brush will be picked up during fall and spring cleanups or by special pickup.
Schedule a Special Pickup
Residents wishing to dispose of additional brush and debris or brush outside the scheduled pick up time must schedule a special pickup. Special pickups are provided to trash customers outside of the fall and spring cleanups. There is a $65 prepaid charge per dump truck load. Pickups are every Friday excluding holidays. The $65 has to be prepaid by the Wednesday of the week you would like the pickup. Payments can be made over the phone at 540-961-1851 using a Visa or MasterCard or in person at the cashier's window on the second floor of the Municipal Building at 300 S. Main Street.
For more information, contact Public Works at 540-961-1142.